Enable via Omniture Support
In order for an s.prop to act like a list variable, it has to be enabled on the back end by Omniture Support. Simply request that it be enabled, and include the delimiter that you would like to use. Once the prop has been enabled, the multiple values can be set on the variables as shown in the following examples:
(with pipe delimiter)
(with comma delimiter)
When a Custom Insight variable has been enabled Omniture Support as a list prop, some of the addition features are not supported. These features are discussed in detail later in the chapter. Here is the overview of the their supported status:
Not Supported for a list props:
- Visits metrics.
- Unique Visitors metrics.
- Page views metrics.
The Custom Insight report displays metrics related to the values added to a specific property variable. For example data collected for Custom Insight Variable 1 will display in the Custom Insight 1 Report, which is the default name for the report. However, it is highly recommended that you change the report title to be more user-friendly.
To change the name of a Custom Insight Variable, fellow the steps below.
- Log in to Site Catalyst.
- Click the Admin tab to enter the Admin Console.
- Click Report Suites in the left navigation.
- Select the appropriate suite(s).
- Under Edit Settings, select Traffic -> Custom Insight Variables.
- Change the name to the reports and save.
FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
The traffic variables discussed in the previews section offer a powerful means by which you can capture and analyze your traffic data. In addition to the variables, Site Catalyst offers several features and functions that you can use to break down and further analyze your traffic data. These features and functions apply to pre-name traffic variables (pageName; channel and server) as well as custom traffic variables (s.props)
The features are:
- Correlations Break down traffic reports by other traffic reports to see key traffic relationships.
- Pathing See high level navigation flow or how people move between values.
- Additional Metrics Enable additional traffic metrics to give you insight into traffic patterns.